Reacting in a Dental Emergency
Relieving Tooth Pain
If you’re experiencing a toothache, we recommend taking an over-the-counter pain reliever to help alleviate any pain or discomfort. If your pain is severe or lasts longer than a day, give us a call at (313) 928-8848 to schedule an appointment. We’ll work to determine what’s causing your toothache and provide treatment to stop the pain at its source.
If your tooth is suffering from decay, Dr. Mahjoub may recommend a filling, dental crown, or root canal therapy to save your tooth and restore your oral health. We’ll make sure to help manage your pain immediately and provide a comfortable, stress-free environment.
Caring for a Knocked-Out Tooth
If one of your permanent adult teeth gets knocked out, it’s often possible to return it to your mouth with prompt treatment. You’ll want to follow a few instructions to help ensure successful reimplantation:
- Pick up the dislodged tooth by the crown at the top, avoiding contact with the roots if possible.
Gently rinse off any debris from the tooth by running it under water.
- Store the tooth in a container, submerging it in milk or water to prevent the roots from drying out.
- Apply ice and take over-the-counter pain relievers to manage any pain.
- Call our Allen Park office right away so we can get you in for an appointment as soon as possible.
- Don’t forget to bring the container with your tooth to the appointment!
If you lose a tooth, it’s crucial that you see us as soon as possible to increase the chances of successful reimplantation. We’ll do everything we can to save your tooth. However, if your tooth can’t be reimplanted, we offer a variety of tooth replacement options such as dental bridges and partial dentures to restore your complete smile.
For a permanent tooth replacement option, Dr. Mahjoub may recommend a dental implant. During your visit, we’ll discuss the best treatment options for your case and help you make the informed decision that’s right for you.